I used a test file

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-extensions-mediaplayer2_0.38_all.ipk
    555 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

Max

BH Lover
Thanks Matrix10 for this news.
I tested MediaPlayer2 about 7 months ago, with no success and reporting on the Code.Google page.
I'll try it when I'll be back at home.
My basic question still remain... why OpenViX with basic Media Player can handle perfectly muxed srt and there's no way in BH ?

Matrix10

Administrator
Thanks Matrix10 for this news.
I tested MediaPlayer2 about 7 months ago, with no success and reporting on the Code.Google page.
I'll try it when I'll be back at home.
My basic question still remain... why OpenViX with basic Media Player can handle perfectly muxed srt and there's no way in BH ?

Like I said,
I know little about it all.

But the test mkv files i have test with multiple languages
worked on the standard media player inside image.

We use the original Media Player
which is located in the original VU + image
I'm sorry but I think we do not intend to modify the original.
So this is a problem for VU +

But I repeat the test files were working when I tested.

Other teams probably use some of its modifications
based on PLI or VIX modifications
it has advantages as well as the negative side.
Depending on which direction you take and what you're looking within the image.
We follow VU + line.

Max

BH Lover
But the test mkv files i have test with multiple languages
worked on the standard media player inside image.

I didn't understand if your files worked in original Media Player or in Media Player2.
Can you please share some of your test files ?
Can you please also tell me how did you configured preferred audio/subs in the main BH cfg ?

Thanks

Max

BH Lover
I agree and I use it too.

Your post is not clear to me, because in the chulbul post, he said that the only way is to DEMUX srt from mkv container, while you post:

Mkvtoolnix mux subs with the track mkv and it works fine

Please let me know how do you mux an mkv container to be played on BH image using Media Player with all available subs .srt tracks muxed inside.

Thanks

Matrix10

Administrator
I selected the subs with the audio button >> Yellow button
and with MediaPlayer 2 you can also select Encoding e.tc with txt button

Subs working in both Media Player and Media Player 2

Only I'm not sure if all the subs work
without changing the encoding, as the MP2

It seems to me that MP2 support even more languages
to be sure this need longer testing.

Im sorry no time for this.

Attachments

• test5.zip
    30.3 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:

sperl59

Vu+ Newbie
Your post is not clear to me, because in the chulbul post, he said that the only way is to DEMUX srt from mkv container, while you post:

Please let me know how do you mux an mkv container to be played on BH image using Media Player with all available subs .srt tracks muxed inside.

Thanks
I take the mkv file and the srt file. With mkvtoolnix gui I mux them to a new mkv file and obtain a file with the srt embedded. And that works naturally with BH and Media Player because it is seen as a "normal" mkv container.
If you have mp4 files ( also h264 ) first go to mkv file and then mux it with the sub srt file again in a mkv. The mkvtoolnix is the tool to do this. Of course before to mux you must choice the srt track that you want , because you can embed only one.

Max

BH Lover
Of course before to mux you must choice the srt track that you want , because you can embed only one.

Thanks for yor reply.
I know wery well mkvtoolnix, but my muxed h264 with ac3 audio and srt (utf-8) substracks doesn't on Bh, bug plays fine in OpenVix and on Xtreamer.
What vers of mkvtoolnix are you using and with wich os?
What srt charcode are you using for your srt files?

Only tomorrow I'll be able to scan the posted testfile and find differencies between that one and my muxed files.
Thanks

Max

Inviato dal mio GT-I9100 utilizzando Tapatalk

Max

BH Lover
PS: you can add/mux more than one sub track into an mkv container.

sperl59

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks for yor reply.
I know wery well mkvtoolnix, but my muxed h264 with ac3 audio and srt (utf-8) substracks doesn't on Bh, bug plays fine in OpenVix and on Xtreamer.
What vers of mkvtoolnix are you using and with wich os?
What srt charcode are you using for your srt files?

Only tomorrow I'll be able to scan the posted testfile and find differencies between that one and my muxed files.
Thanks

Max

I use Mkvmerge 6.6.0. Win7 and subs with 1252 Western Europe encoding with the same Frame rate as the h264. Sometimes I use also utf-8 ( depends on the language )

Max

BH Lover
Tnx for your info. Can you please share a very short mkv with muxed subs, something like the file shared by Matrix10 of about 30Mb?
Tomorrow I'll reflah my Solo2 with 2.0.8 but this time I'll not restore my personal backup, to have a real clean installation. Then I'll try to find what's the differences between our files.

Thanks

tuneboy2005

Vu+ Newbie
I am also interested between the differences of files. I used to use also mkvtoolnix but this requires time to do it. While on VIX image you don't have to do that at all. All mkv files are working without adjusting of the mkv file. Keep up the test work :)

Max

BH Lover
here is my test file

Thanks sperl59 for your file.
I analize it with MediaInfo and your media doesn't contain any srt track. The subs are simply hardcoded on video.
This means that you cannot switch it off or switch to another language.
This is not my goal. I'd like to have a clean video and selectable sutitles tracks to switch on/off as I want.
I'll continue analizing Matrix10 media.

Max

sperl59

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks sperl59 for your file.
I analize it with MediaInfo and your media doesn't contain any srt track. The subs are simply hardcoded on video.
This means that you cannot switch it off or switch to another language.
This is not my goal. I'd like to have a clean video and selectable sutitles tracks to switch on/off as I want.
I'll continue analizing Matrix10 media.

Max
What you write is totally right.And that is what I use for BH's Media Player to work correctly

Max

BH Lover
Media file posted by Matrix10 works fine also here on my BH 2.0.8 with default Media Player.
Subbs are encoded using UTF-8, but muxed with an old version of MKVtoolnix.

I'll try to downgrrde muxing on my PC (usually I use Mac) to see what happens.

Matrix10, more detail about your muxing environment ?

The light is coming....

Matrix10

Administrator
I did not mix nothing :D
I found the file on the net as a test file for SRT.

I really do not know anything about this
I do not use MKV .
But,
can someone put the test file that works with VIX and not with BH ??

Max

BH Lover
Here I am.
This is a sample file I just ripped from my BD. There're 2 subs tracks, but, as you'll see, BH is able to show only the first one,
in ViX works fine. Older/newer MKVToolnix makes no difference Your file is a matroska v2, mine is v4.
Tomorrow I'll try to demux your elements and combine your video with my subs to see if it makes the difference (your file is much more light than mine in terms of compression).

Max

Attachments

• testfile.zip
    48.7 MB · Views: 8