MKV + srt (build in)subtitles

Max

BH Lover
After a week I didn't found a player that can handle correctly muxed and/or external .srt on BH.
Probably the main problem is inside the default media player code in BH :sad:, because as posted before, the default MP in ViX can do this job very well.

Miguelin

Vu+ Newbie
After a week I didn't found a player that can handle correctly muxed and/or external .srt on BH.
Probably the main problem is inside the default media player code in BH :sad:, because as posted before, the default MP in ViX can do this job very well.

I think so...

G

Godanapo

Maybe... by the way, which skin are you using?
In my case I think my problem is because of the skin I'm using or some plugin I use (like LCD4Linux).
I have to try a clean install and test it from the beginning, step-by-step, before I install all other things. Then it's easy to catch where's the problem :)

Max

BH Lover
Default skin and no extra plugins, actually I'm doing my attempts with a clean BH 2.0.3 on a Solo2.

G

Godanapo

Default skin and no extra plugins, actually I'm doing my attempts with a clean BH 2.0.3 on a Solo2.

Me too. So far so good. Tried with a clean install with nothing more and OK.
Then I installed some plugins I use (FontMagnifier, DDimir Subtitle and shoutcast) from BH server and is all OK too with subtitles on Media Player.

Now I will install LCD4Linux. I just wanna know where I can download the python dependencies for LCD4Linux for Vu? I'm using the ones for Dreambox and I think should be ok, but in case...

G

Godanapo

Well, finally I found why my subtitle problem happens! Well, at least what is causing it...
My problem is this: http://www.vuplus-community.net/boa...olo2-2-0-3-hyperspace.12663/page-7#post-94963

And what causes this is the LCD4Linux plugin and his python dependencies! (are this ones: python-imaging_1.1.7-r3_mips32el, python-mutagen_1.18-r3_mips32el, python-email_2.7.2-r2.17_mips32el, python-image_2.7.2-r2.17_mips32el).

What can I do to fix this? I think only some Mod/Dev can help me on this. First of all I'll try to downgrade those python modules to the previous ones (but the fact is many of them didnt exist earlier).

Lets see if I can find any solution.

Best Regards

G

Godanapo

It seems problem is only related with python-imaging. BH doesnt have it from his server (doesnt recognize it) and I've tried to use latest version - python-imaging_1.1.7-r4, but with no luck because have a dependency of python-lmcs >= 1.17, then I installed python-imaging-1.1.7-r3.

Doing more tests...

G

Godanapo

Yea, after this time testing it I found whats the problem.
Some subtitles disappear (some lines randomly) when we have LCD4Linux plugin ON. If I turn it OFF, there's no problem at all!

Nobody from BH Team knows anything about this to look into it??
Is a shame no one from Admin/Mod can contest this.

Regards

Max

BH Lover
Problem with muxed srt inside mkv files still remain also in BH 2.0.6.
Subtitles tracks appear avalable only later playing the file.
IE: first sub should appear at 0:05:00:000, start play, no subs tracks abailable.
Jump over 05:00:000 and subs track became available.
I really think it's a bug in Vu code.
Only media player working correctly with muxed srt is from ViX image.
Hope BH or Vu will fix, Solo2 with its 1080p could be a replacement for many old media player...

sperl59

Vu+ Newbie
In my Duo2 I find how to show the Srt Subtitles : starting the mkv file ( not with media player ) then go to help button and click show the subtitles , enable subtitles and they are
working immediately. It is strange this way...

naser_2200

Vu+ Newbie
In my dou2 2.0.6 rev B : play mkv file with media player, then press yellow button 2 times and enable the subtitle.

Max

BH Lover
In my dou2 2.0.6 rev B : play mkv file with media player, then press yellow button 2 times and enable the subtitle.

This is the usual way to enable subs.
Problem is that, even if you have many subs tracks muxed inside an mkv file, all doesn't appear in the subs list to choose until the sub first appear. I.e., if you have the first english subs appearing at 1h05'30", this subs track will not appear in the subs list until you'll play the file up to that time.
The only working media player is the one included in the ViX image. All subs tracks are available since the first second.
All my test has been done using MKVtoolnix to mux .srt files, h264 and .ac3 tracks into an mkv file.

G

Godanapo

@Max, you are right in what you are saying. I dont know if the problem is from BH image or if is only the BH image for Solo2.
Like I said in this post in June, I only have that problem when LCD4Linux is ON. When I turn OFF that plugin I dont have any problems...

After more than 4 months, nobody from BH Team saw this or said anything. I hope I can help to fix that or to find any solution for that, but without the help of BH Team I dont know...

tuneboy2005

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, just to know if this problem is still the same with latest blackhole 2.08? Are there still problems with MKV with muxed srt's?

Max

BH Lover
Just installed 2.0.8 but srt problem still remain.
With Yellow-Yellow, playing a movie with 4 sub track, I'm able to enable/disable only the default track, no way to choose between forced/english/french tracks...

Matrix10

Administrator
Just installed 2.0.8 but srt problem still remain.
With Yellow-Yellow, playing a movie with 4 sub track, I'm able to enable/disable only the default track, no way to choose between forced/english/french tracks...

I do not really ever watch media files with subtitles on my box
but I heard that Media Player 2 works well with subtitles

Have you tested Media Player 2 ??
I have test with standard files no subtitles
and this player working with BH image.