uOuCtyN.png

GehEq9c.png

WI33PmJ.png

In automatic:

pzJ1G0I.png

jHVCpPi.png

C0mHzyB.png

AlexWilMac

Yes, it is visible by the default skin (BlackShadow, but it is not, as I already wrote to Matrix) for other skins, for instance EclipseFire (and probably other ones I haven't checked).

p.rodrigues

Vu+ User
This is not related to Skin, nor could it have... Despite this skin does not have the buttons on the screen, they exist and will suffice them on the RCU. The complete scan was supposed or, if complete is the same action as automatic, could make it.

KAOfdPO.png

5J13q35.png

JG77AvS.png

vassili_47

Vu+ Newbie
for new there is no update from version 4.4.006 to 4.4.008
no in flash and no OMB
i hope you fix the problem for my vu + uno

p.rodrigues

Vu+ User
OK, this happens with in the tuner MTSIF and USB Turbo Tuner in DVB-T (I can not try DVB-C). DUO 4K and UNO 4K receivers with OBH 4.4.008.

In a Zero 4K with Tuner USB Xbox the search is performed normally with OBH 4.4.008.

AlexWilMac

This is not related to Skin, nor could it have... Despite this skin does not have the buttons on the screen, they exist and will suffice them on the RCU.
You did not read the other thread where I told that user exactly that: the feature still works, even if you don't see the OK message and the coloured keys.
But, I just wanted to underline that not every skins shows, even after the fix for BlackShadowSE. I'm not interested in this specific Automatic Scan but, if I needed, I know that Green button would work.

Last edited:

ime

Vu+ Newbie
Hello

I don't know whether my issue touches well on this thread, and I hope it does. I have a Vu+ Duo 4K SE box, running latest version Open Blackhole, and which was stable.
Here is what happened to me this week:
1. the updater saw that there was an update available for OBH.
2. so I did a full backup
3. then I allowed the updater to run
4. After the reboot, everything seemed normal, until I noticed, on trying to scan
5. In Manual Scan, the 'OK' button on the screen no longer appears
6. In Signal Finder, the signal strength graphs do not appear, and the 'OK' button no longer appears either
All I can do is force a scan by pressing the 'green' button, but it is working in the dark if I don't have the signal finder.
Even though I can get by, this is a crippling problem, going forward, as I can't easily fine tune my motorised poistioner or scan individual transponders without seeing the signal strength, and I would warmly appreciate any help. I don't want to take the risk of having to resort to a full restore.

nunigaia

Hello

I don't know whether my issue touches well on this thread, and I hope it does. I have a Vu+ Duo 4K SE box, running latest version Open Blackhole, and which was stable.
Here is what happened to me this week:
1. the updater saw that there was an update available for OBH.
2. so I did a full backup
3. then I allowed the updater to run
4. After the reboot, everything seemed normal, until I noticed, on trying to scan
5. In Manual Scan, the 'OK' button on the screen no longer appears
6. In Signal Finder, the signal strength graphs do not appear, and the 'OK' button no longer appears either
All I can do is force a scan by pressing the 'green' button, but it is working in the dark if I don't have the signal finder.
Even though I can get by, this is a crippling problem, going forward, as I can't easily fine tune my motorised poistioner or scan individual transponders without seeing the signal strength, and I would warmly appreciate any help. I don't want to take the risk of having to resort to a full restore.

Wich skin are you using, mate?

best regards
nunigaia

AlexWilMac

It's not new: it has been there for ages. It is useful, above all, for the first scan and, maybe, once a year, just to get rid of obsolete transponders a to renew the channel list in one shot..
And, anyway, whatever manual scanning is more useful than pre-built settings.

I have been making settings for Enigma 2 for 15 years and manual scans continuously and I assure you that this green button is absolutely useless

AlexWilMac

Ah, so you were talking about the green key, not the function. But the problem is that the OK does not work any longer in 4.4.
So, you need the green key to launch the scan. ;)

ime

Vu+ Newbie
First, in response to Nunigaia's query, the skin I am using is simply "BlackShadowSE P", the one which comes with the system. I have tried with the alternative "Default OE-A"", and the same problem occurs.

Second, in response to VHannnibal and Alexwilmac,
1. I think the two of you are discussing an important issue--whether the green button performs the same function as the OK button seemed to do when it had been available until last week. I agree with AlexWilmac, that the scan function is not new, and that is useful in its own right.
2. This discussion between VHannibal and Alexwilmac, important as it is, touches on but does not quite address the critical issue (the one I raised). To reiterate (perhaps more clearly)... the disappearance of the OK button, whether on Manual Scan or on Signal Finder, is a disaster. Here's why:
3. On Signal Finder: the consequences of the loss of the OK is that, on selecting Signal Finder, the graph showing the signal strength and the signal quality NO LONGER APPEARS. Therefore, there is no way to look at a transponder to check whether there is any signal at all, or to fine tune the position of the dish (espcially iif it motorised), and then there is no way to actually initiate a scan on that transponder. In summary, this update has ruined the Signal Finder function altogether! In summary, SIGNAL FINDER NO LONGER CAN FIND SINGALS.
4. The situation is little better with Manual Scan. Until last week, the OK button was used to actually initiate the manual scan. Pressing the green button now does not quite get the same outcome.

After the update last week, I was so dumbfounded that I thought perhaps my update was just a one-off corruption. I couldn't believe that such a basic flaw could have slipped through without anyone noticing. Loss of Signal Finder is not just an inconvenient "cosmetic frill". Signal Function is fundamental to searching for new channels/transponders and for checking the function of existing ones.
I am not interested in sheeting home blame for this monumental error. I am new to this, and don't know whether there is any way to alert the person who did this to go back, find out what went wrong in this revision, and immediately repair it and post a new incremental update.
I do hope that my post will draw this to the attention of others, and would be keen to hear whether others have noticed the same glitch - and, I hope, a post from the person who can fix it very soon.

nunigaia

First, in response to Nunigaia's query, the skin I am using is simply "BlackShadowSE P", the one which comes with the system. I have tried with the alternative "Default OE-A"", and the same problem occurs.

Second, in response to VHannnibal and Alexwilmac,
1. I think the two of you are discussing an important issue--whether the green button performs the same function as the OK button seemed to do when it had been available until last week. I agree with AlexWilmac, that the scan function is not new, and that is useful in its own right.
2. This discussion between VHannibal and Alexwilmac, important as it is, touches on but does not quite address the critical issue (the one I raised). To reiterate (perhaps more clearly)... the disappearance of the OK button, whether on Manual Scan or on Signal Finder, is a disaster. Here's why:
3. On Signal Finder: the consequences of the loss of the OK is that, on selecting Signal Finder, the graph showing the signal strength and the signal quality NO LONGER APPEARS. Therefore, there is no way to look at a transponder to check whether there is any signal at all, or to fine tune the position of the dish (espcially iif it motorised), and then there is no way to actually initiate a scan on that transponder. In summary, this update has ruined the Signal Finder function altogether! In summary, SIGNAL FINDER NO LONGER CAN FIND SINGALS.
4. The situation is little better with Manual Scan. Until last week, the OK button was used to actually initiate the manual scan. Pressing the green button now does not quite get the same outcome.

After the update last week, I was so dumbfounded that I thought perhaps my update was just a one-off corruption. I couldn't believe that such a basic flaw could have slipped through without anyone noticing. Loss of Signal Finder is not just an inconvenient "cosmetic frill". Signal Function is fundamental to searching for new channels/transponders and for checking the function of existing ones.
I am not interested in sheeting home blame for this monumental error. I am new to this, and don't know whether there is any way to alert the person who did this to go back, find out what went wrong in this revision, and immediately repair it and post a new incremental update.
I do hope that my post will draw this to the attention of others, and would be keen to hear whether others have noticed the same glitch - and, I hope, a post from the person who can fix it very soon.

@ime

Can you please upload this file to your STB?

FTP to:

Code:
/usr/share/enigma2/BlackShadowSE_P

And overwrite the skin.xml file there!

Check the buttons at Manual Scan, please, because I believe you have not yet the buttons!

best regards
nunigaia

Note: Unzip the file first!

Attachments

• skin.zip
    54.9 KB · Views: 13

ime

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you very much for that. I downloaded and unzipped the skin.xml file and tried to overwrite the old one in the BlackShadowSE_P folder. It seems to copy across, but when I check, the skin.xm file spontaneously changes its size from 908KB to 828 KB. What is more, after rebooting the box, the behaviour of the Signal finder and the Manual scan is quite unaltered.
What do you sugges?
Many thanks