Permanent timeshift ?

Katikakus

Vu+ User
I timeshift to flash disk, not HDD. And HDD is correctly mounted. I used HD Glass with BH 1.7.3 and the same flashdisk/HDD config and timeshift and recording worked well.
There are number of people reporting the same problem so I suppose, the problem is in the plugin.

Lincsat

Vu+ User
you use skin which is not from BH feeds, that's first thing - reinstall image and test with the skin from BH server.
And secondly - make sure your hard drive is correctly mounted and timeshift settings are correctly set up

I can confirm it's still crashing with the latest image updates. I'm using default skin, default PTS plugin from online feed and have a properly configured HDD.

I'm not an expert in logs but this looks like the problem

Code:
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/PermanentTimeshift/plugin.py", line 1602, in instantRecord
    if not harddiskmanager.inside_mountpoint(dir):
AttributeError: HarddiskManager instance has no attribute 'inside_mountpoint'
(PyObject_CallObject(<bound method ActionMap.action of <Components.ActionMap.ActionMap instance at 0x2065030>>,('PTS_GlobalActions', 'instantRecord')) failed)
getResolvedKey config.plugins.crashlogautosubmit.sendAnonCrashlog failed !! (Typo??)

Attachments

• enigma2_crash_1364482344.rar
    19.8 KB · Views: 39

Katikakus

Vu+ User
@darian23 this issue is independent on the used skin - as I wrote - many users are reporting it some using original skin, some custom skins.

Lincsat

Vu+ User
Upgraded my Solo2 to BH2.0.2 Rev B and still have the same issue, hopefully someone can look at this for the next update :)

Nevidimia

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,
Fix bug Green Screen :notworthy:
corrected error when activating instant recording during TimeShift

1. Instal Plugin " enigma2-plugin-extensions-permanenttimeshift_1.0.1_mipsel.ipk "
2. Replace the file ---> " /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/PermanentTimeshift/plugin.py " <---- with that from the archive ---> " plugin.py " <----
3. Restart and enjoy !!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Enabled automatically record timeshifting when changing program ( channel )

Tested on BlackHole 2.0.2 rev.D

Attachments

• Permanent_TimeShift_BH_v2.0.2.d_Instant_REC_FIX.rar
    53.4 KB · Views: 353

tbthirty5

Vu+ Newbie
i have it working on BH 2.0.2 rev.E But whatever im watching it saves this will rapidly fill my hdd it never used to do this what am i doing wrong? default location for timeshift is /media/hdd/
any help would be appreciated

deanoz123

Vu+ Newbie
try Menu/setup/system/timeshift settings

Here are my settings, i have just changed as i was getting a green screen when i pressed record. changed to these and now I don't!!!

PTS enable yes
PTS max events 05
PTS max length 180
PTS start delat 005
PTS save action on zap don't save
stop timeshift when recording? yes------------------------------(this i believe is the culprit)
show PTS info bar while TS? yes

deanoz123

Vu+ Newbie
did you reboot after changing settings? is it 2.0.2 you are running? if so try deleting the PTS that is built in and download it again from TS panel.

deanoz123

Vu+ Newbie
what it is saving should delete itself after an hour there will be a constant hour long buffer as far as i am aware, still pretty new to this so maybe some of the more experienced members will be able to clarify more, i'm guessing there will always be a file in your HDD that stores an hour of material for you to review if you need to?

tbthirty5

Vu+ Newbie
sry guys just got back to reading this thanks for all advice. for the time being ive disaled PTS i have the latest BH image and think i will wait for a more stable version of PTS to arrive.