Duo / DuoLE Vu-duo is Dead

Buja

Vu+ Newbie
Warning to all !?
About the three regulators mentioned before in the thread. I've just burned one of those while measuring the voltage !? So please be extra careful or don't do it if you are not good at it. Apparently I've touched two neighboring pins and burned out upper regulator which was showing 2.52 V. Now, before even trying to replace the 807 capacitor I'm stuck because I need to purchase the regulator which is not easy to find !?
Anyone that recently ordered those regulators, please advise, thanks.

DVD

Vu+ Newbie
I Replaced first the capacitor C807 and one week later the same red light appeared again, regarding the information taken from here replaced also the aoz1021 and all is working again. Thanks for the info everybody.
Advice to all replace together with the capacitor C807 also the regulator U801 aoz1021 / Z1021ai (you can buy on Ebay) to avoid the problem that this brakes down later and causes more problems than first time!

Tomato

Vu+ Newbie
My Duo is dead too...

I have replaced C807, but it's still not booting, and the U801 looks faulty (tiny part is missing on top surface), so I am planing to replace it...

Anyway, should U801 be replaced with aoz1021 / Z1021ai or with AOZ1212 / Z1212ai? Is there any difference between them?

DVD

Vu+ Newbie
My Duo is dead too...

I have replaced C807, but it's still not booting, and the U801 looks faulty (tiny part is missing on top surface), so I am planing to replace it...

Anyway, should U801 be replaced with aoz1021 / Z1021ai or with AOZ1212 / Z1212ai? Is there any difference between them?

You can better replace with the same Regulator aoz1021 (you can by on Ebay)

peterxx

Vu+ Newbie
Replace c807 and vuduo back and alive again...start on 1fst atempt.
Thanks all for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_0429.JPG
    IMG_0429.JPG
    369.2 KB · Views: 267

BKD

Vu+ Newbie
Many thanks to all of the contributors in this thread!

I've had my unit working flawlessly for 4 years, but yesterday it gave up with the red diod as the only life sign. Thanks to this thread I could easily fix it, and the Mrs was very happy that she didn't miss her shows last night. :)

I'm not sure that it's a heating issue causing the capacitor to fail. I've never installed a HDD in my unit, but have used a NAS to record instead. The cooling works fine with my unit.

Edit: replaced c807 with a 220 microfarads/ 25 volt

nikgreek

Vu+ Newbie
hi guys cant find the capacitor where it should be relatively new vu duo box wonder if they have moved capacitor location or is there another fix for red light of death on these new boxes any help really appreciated!!

ArgonX

Vu+ Newbie
on top of it i found decent price from Austrian company:

Code:
http://www.distrelec.at/de/Alu-Elko-radial-220-uF-25-VDC-Jamicon-SKR221M1EF11VU/p/16700900
- Should be C807

I found this too but i doubt will any work???

Code:
http://www.distrelec.at/search?q=SMD 3A Schaltregler IC
- U802 ???

Edit by moderator - No Live Links, Please!

Last edited by a moderator:

fumbduck

Vu+ User
Is this C807 ???

vu1.jpg
Nope, that's L802
C807 is right next to it (little left and below on this pic) mounted about the circle which is half white/half green
however you seem to have a different board revision and instead of the standard black caps, they've used different components (which I don't recognize)
you could try getting a normal capacitor in place of this one to see it works

Menno

Vu+ Newbie
I have also the red light problem on my VU+Duo. It startet some days ago, when shifting to certain channels the VU+ restarted. Today it restarted while in a channel after about 5 minutes. And then i stoppes working and it had the red light on. Off, wait, On: Nothing happened. Wait untill cooled Down: Nothing. In january 2014 I updated to OpenPli 4.0 without any problem. I have had some sat.receivers before (Nokia, Peace, Techview). After around 4 years most capasitors have to be changed. Average 4 hours each day and 4 years is about the Lifetime of most capasitors. After putting in the new capasitors the receiver was as new.
I bought this VU+Duo summer 2012, maybe the 3.5" harddisk can cause faster aging of the capasitors? The spinning takes a lot of electricity and the powersupply is not that big. I will try a SSD or a fast 2.5" in stead.
This evening I tried to reload the newest OpenPli, but no response from the VU+. On this forum I found a post about C807. Now I like to try this solution changing this capasitor. In Norway elfa distrelec can be used to order this 16V 220µf. I hope it helps. Thanks to the people who found this solution!

choupacher

Vu+ Newbie
hello all i search information
c807 replaced but to no avail
I would replaced u801 , u802 ,u805
but I do not know the references of the following parts
u801 = aoz1021 ??
u802 = ??
u805 = ??
/ Z1021ai ou AOZ1212 / Z1212ai?

merci a tous, thanks all

DVD

Vu+ Newbie
hello all i search information
c807 replaced but to no avail
I would replaced u801 , u802 ,u805
but I do not know the references of the following parts
u801 = aoz1021 ??
u802 = ??
u805 = ??
/ Z1021ai ou AOZ1212 / Z1212ai?

merci a tous, thanks all
Hi Choupacher,
The regulators U801, U802, U805 are the same one z1021ai or AOZ1021ai and easy to order via EBAY

dibun

Vu+ Newbie
Hi All,

I have a VU+ Duo from 2011 and today it rebooted twice while watching and then I reset the power via the power switch on the back. Then it wont boot and I got red LED. Do I have to replace c807 or something else? I also have a multimeter so I can do basic testing.

Thx in advance.

fendoch

Vu+ Newbie
Hi m8s
Yes I also now have the dreaded RED LIGHT, on my Vu +Duo, with 500GB hard drive. I cannot explain how this happened, as I have been in hospital for the last 5 weeks after a serious road accident, which I was very lucky to come out the other side !!!! They have had to rebuild my right hip and pelvis area.....but hi I am still here !!!!
Any way the box was obviously left on continually for this period of time and on my return found that the red light syndrome was showing on the box.
I am not in the position at this time to work on the box in anyway, due to my injuries, so would I be just as well buying another box.
Any suggestions please !!!
Thanks
Graham

uragano47812

Vu+ Newbie
Yesterday i changed the channel while viewing the TV and the Vu+ DUO shows black screen and the starting... on the decoder display. After i see that it was stuck there for several minutes i switch off and on the power and i have only the red light on.

So i changed the C807 with a 330uF 35V and it came alive again with no problem at the moment.

Thanks for this thread.