Announcements Vu+ Duo2

paolino

Vu+ User+++
So we can maximum achieve 4 S2 total ports right? im ok with this.. in combine with my 2 Usb DVB-T i will end up with 6 tunners.. cool :D can w8...

As for DVB-T2 isnt a compatible USB tuner will be around? My friend Angelofsky what you say about it?

PCTV system nanoStick T2 290e is DVB-T2 linuxtv compatible stick. Works on BH 203.

Gigantone

Vu+ User
What about UK market? All english viewers are unable to use Duo2 to catch terrestrial signal! Bad luck. Every USB sticks have NEVER the same quality like internal tuners.

digicon

Vu+ Newbie
What about UK market? All english viewers are unable to use Duo2 to catch terrestrial signal! Bad luck. Every USB sticks have NEVER the same quality like internal tuners.

Why do you say that when Duo2 has Plug & Play Tuners in theory you could have 1 x DVB-S2 Dual plug & Play Tuner and the other Tuner could be DVB-T/C

I see one UK supplier has Price already up @ £519.95

newgolfer

Vu+ User+++
Why do you say that when Duo2 has Plug & Play Tuners in theory you could have 1 x DVB-S2 Dual plug & Play Tuner and the other Tuner could be DVB-T/C

I see one UK supplier has Price already up @ £519.95
But in UK dvb-t is broadcasted in T2 and Vu+ don't make this type of tuner.

Nice Monkey

Vu+ User
If you are going to wait for the future you will never EVER by anything electronic.

Sure 4k tv on the way, but then there will be 8k and 16k tv not far behind, and then 32k, 64k (you get the idea).

Duo2 is 1.3ghz dual core, who knows Ultimo2 (if there ever is one), could be 1.3ghz quad core, or maybe Duo3 (again if there ever is one) could be 3.2ghz hex core.

So if you are looking to upgrade your Ultimo soon, then yes imo the Duo2 would be worth upgrading too.

That is what you may expect, but personally I doubt this very much. There is abundant good quality 4K Master/Source material available and some 6K and occasionally 8K, but that is the maximum there is for existing movies. New (better) recording technologies are to be expected but all existing movie material in the vaults can only be upscaled. It's all about the quality of the sources available and that is a limit we are hitting today.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
That is what you may expect, but personally I doubt this very much. There is abundant good quality 4K Master/Source material available and some 6K and occasionally 8K, but that is the maximum there is for existing movies. New (better) recording technologies are to be expected but all existing movie material in the vaults can only be upscaled. It's all about the quality of the sources available and that is a limit we are hitting today.

How many people in the world could buy a new technology? 0,05% of all satellite broadcasting viewers? Duo2 is designed for an actual offer of satellite programs (HDTV).
For those, who wants to watch 4k UltraHD promo: Astra 19,2E vertical, 10.906 GHz, SR 22000, FEC 2/3, DVB-S2 8psk, Mpeg4/UltraHD 3840x2160 pixel, Video br 38 Mbits/s, Audio 320 kbit/s.

Nice Monkey

Vu+ User
How many people in the world could buy a new technology? 0,05% of all satellite broadcasting viewers?

I think you misunderstood. 4K will come without any doubt. How successful it will be on short term? I do share your scepsis there.
Will 8K=> 16K => 32K follow soon? My guess it won't as there is no (good quality) source/master material available on any scale.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
I think you misunderstood. 4K will come without any doubt. How successful it will be on short term? I do share your scepsis there.
Will 8K=> 16K => 32K follow soon? My guess it won't as there is no (good quality) source/master material available on any scale.

Will come for sure for professional use (live transmissions) and for high-end users, not for common users.