Black Hole Vu+ Duo 1.7.4 Parallel Universes

Shiro

BH-C
the image is good, beautiful ,I'm not arguing...but before thatI could use my skins and giveit to people...Now that would give people, I need to sign your authorship, that is unethical, and do not become...
with respect
sorry for bad english...

The unethical is ppl that distribute bad and untested skins born for different firmware and not well adapted that cause image instability.
Ppl have often crashes because of bad skins and think that it is a image bug.
The unethical is to add in the skin python files and converters bad coded that destroy image perfomance and corrupt original image files overwriting them.
So Black Hole images will accept only skins of accreditated authors that can assure good coding quality and no python additions.

Ev0

Admin
The unethical is ppl that distribute bad and untested skins born for different firmware and not well adapted that cause image instability.
Ppl have often crashes because of bad skins and think that it is a image bug.
The unethical is to add in the skin python files and converters bad coded that destroy image perfomance and corrupt original image files overwriting them.
So Black Hole images will accept only skins of accreditated authors that can assure good coding quality and no python additions.

I might be wrong, but I think he was saying, for him to "sign" as an author (mx10 or army) would be unethical.

Ev0

Admin
He have not to sign as another author.
Who is him?
What skins have made for Bh ?
I do not know, and it might just be the way it was written, but to me it sounded like he was saying, that if he were to sign a skin as another author (in this case mx10 or army) to make it work, then it would be unethical.

Matrix10

Administrator
the image is good, beautiful ,I'm not arguing...but before thatI could use my skins and giveit to people...Now that would give people, I need to sign your authorship, that is unethical, and do not become...
with respect

sorry for bad english...

You make a good skin with a good coding
that meets our standards and conditions of good coding and skin.
We will be happy to include it in the skins which are allowed for BH image.
Then you can make it public on our forum.
But when someone put skin that changes the base of image coding
and thus destroy our work
for such skins we can not give the green light.

No skins that for our members destroy image
and they must re-install image.

Of course many do not even know what they are installed in the image.
But we know it.
We do not want python files in the skins for our image.
We have our python coding.
I think it is finished with this discussion.
And it is clear why this decision.

sspol

Vu+ User
thx

what is ghost & .... in this image ??

i instaled it but i can not understand what is red pannel ?!!!!!!

chulbul

BH Lover
so what backup to use for this image ? as when it restores old skin wont work so what to use to backup all settings and other datas. The image wont boot if we use backup.
What is difference between full and personal backup ? Thanks
I have HDD installed

Sirius0103

Vu+ Newbie
Matrix10, Shiro...
Thank you for your answers ... a person who loves Linux on the receiver, you can not see beyond what you destroy interest in the work...
I do not blame the masters ... bye

Sorry for bad english

chulbul

BH Lover
What is difference between full and personal backup ? Thanks
I have HDD installed
After installing image how do I restore the personal backup. I know I can save it to the HDD

chulbul

BH Lover
ok sorted. Use personal backup and add what else you want from previous image
In Blackhole image by customising the backup command. To do this you have to go to the section where you can select which files/folders you want to include and the path for this is as follows **** Menu/setup/software management/advanced/options/choose backup files.
In the 'backup files' section you press the yellow button to make your selection and then the green button to save it. If you now go back to the section in the menu where it says 'choose backup files' and press the epg button on your handset it will show you what it is going to backup, which should include the items that you added using the yellow button.

Matrix10

Administrator
First of all big thanks for this excellent work. Great team.
I have one problem. I use usb wireless and in older image i haven't any problem with that. But in the new image after any reboot i have to do configuration network again and usb wireless doesn't work.

Just to inform you
I not use WLAN
but I have a VU+ orginal WLAN dongle
and tonight I tested
I have absolutely no problems with Wireless.
I used WPA2.For me it works perfectly..
Have you tried a different USB connector
because of possible interference in relation to a USB key.

Rgd MX

CoolerMaster

Vu+ Newbie
Thankyou to the blackhole team for their fantastic work & regualar updates. I am new to blackhole, have been using Vix since owning my Vu for a year now however have got fed up of the instability of their images. Must say I am very impressed with Blackhole. I just have a few questions & one suggestion. The suggestion is for Vu receiver's I think it would be a lot better to have the yellow button do something else instead of pause as the Vu remotes already have a dedicated pause button. Anyway, here are my questions. First of all I downloaded and enabled the permanent timeshift plugin & now rather than the red button showing the different Universes it starts rewinding. How do I reset this? Also how do I rename the receiver? Currently it is named bm750 by default. The reason I ask is I usually access the root of my receivers through Windows 7 by clicking on Computer then Network which brings up all devices connected in network. However after flashing my second Vu Duo to Blackhole also, I can't access any of the receivers through Windows, I believe they are being cancelled out by each other as they are both named bm750. Lastly, when accessing the hardrive of my first receiver on the second receiver over network to play recordings, when I go in to the media player to access it, the files are in reverse date order - all the newsest recordings are at the bottom & oldest at top. Is there a way to fix this. In my opinion it would be better if in the recordings list the location could just be changed to somewhere in the Network just as in the Vix Image and for Autotimer plugin to also be integrated into the epg. Thanks in advance.