Black Hole Vu+ Solo2 v.2.0.1 OE 2

carwash

Vu+ Newbie
Defiantly worth the update for future features, that you have said yourself + remember that you are using the very first release of OE 2 for the Vu, you have to expect some bugs.
I agree and understand what “black jaguar” & “darian23” have said
But the point I was trying to put across (not very well I may add) that it’s a shame to re-flash box especially when you have tweaked box/hardware/image to almost perfection.
Never the less I will be trying new version over weekend!
Thxs all for the help & support

a911

The BH Lover
But the point I was trying to put across (not very well I may add) that it’s a shame to re-flash box especially when you have tweaked box/hardware/image to almost perfection.

We are just having fun by changing skins and using new plugins,,,,I have friends they are still using Nabilosat 12 (very old BH image version for their old STB toy) and are happy with it,,,,,,:D:D!
As darain23 may say they are only TV watchers!

Pedro C

Vu+ User
Hi

This is not really that important but since it's there why not use it ?? I've downloade from the feed some HD Leicher picons lists which are stored in /media/usb/picon. The problem is whenever there's a channel with no picon available, instead of the usual BH image one a get a black dream multimedia one. Is there a way to fix this ??

Thanks

tinkertiler

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks so much to all those involved in the production of this great image :)

Its brilliant just got my Solo 2 yesterday and got it all sorted today running great no problems at all. Also flashed my Uno and Solo and they work better than they ever had. The picture quality seems so much better and everything works as it should.

A big thanks again to all those involved its brilliant :)

znik

Vu+ Newbie
Is there a way to quickly find a channel among all satellites?
Let's say for example I want to find all BBCs.
I press the up key --> red button (all). The virtual keyboard doesn't work in that menu... I have to scroll down all the channels to find the channel I need?
Isn't there a way to type the word and give me all the results?
I am not talking about EPG search)

Michael H.

Vu+ Newbie
Hello @ all,

first of all i must admit, that i'm a newbie regarding VU+, Blackhole 2.0.1 and permanenttimeshift.
My Setup: VU+ Solo 2, Hitachi 500 GB HDD, Blackhole 2.0.1 (Thanx for the great work btw)

As usual with new pieces of software not everything turns out to work like a charm right from scratch so here is my current problem:

Directly after installing permanenttimeshift I tried to record a movie.
So far so good. The movie appears in the moviepart appears in the movie list. BUT, after deleting the movie and again trying to record a movie using my remote's recorder button (red dot) I got a green screen. The attachment (xml) contains the enigma2 error report in which I think the most sensefull part ist "AttributeError: HarddiskManager instance has no attribute 'inside_mountpoint'"

After that error occurs the disk seems to be currpted. The only steps which will at least get your hdd back to life are the following:
- turn off solo2, start solo2 (otherwise the disk fdisk will state that the disk is busy)
- connect to solo2 via ssh
- fdisk /dev/sda (or whatever your disk is)
- -> v (verify) you can see the output "Total allocated sectors [number]greater than the maximum [number]" which is hm... not good
- -> d (delete partition)
- -> n, 1, default, default (create new partition using whole disk)
- -> v (verify) you can see that the disc has now [number] unallocated sectors
- -> w (write changes)

After these steps you have to initialize the disk using BH. The same error occurs everytime you repeat this procedure (record using the record button, delete from list, record using the record button)

My Question now is, if I did something wrong or if the plugin does not work properly...?

Any help is very appreciated.

Thank you for the great forum!

Attachments

• enigma2_crash_1361486046.txt
    73.8 KB · Views: 16
Is there a way to quickly find a channel among all satellites?
Let's say for example I want to find all BBCs.
I press the up key --> red button (all). The virtual keyboard doesn't work in that menu... I have to scroll down all the channels to find the channel I need?
Isn't there a way to type the word and give me all the results?
I am not talking about EPG search)
you can find all channels started with U by pressing 8 button three times. To activate this function you need to disable 'EPG buttons in channel list' (it's enable by default for epg search) in EPG Panel

Hello @ all,

first of all i must admit, that i'm a newbie regarding VU+, Blackhole 2.0.1 and permanenttimeshift.
My Setup: VU+ Solo 2, Hitachi 500 GB HDD, Blackhole 2.0.1 (Thanx for the great work btw)

As usual with new pieces of software not everything turns out to work like a charm right from scratch so here is my current problem:

Directly after installing permanenttimeshift I tried to record a movie.
So far so good. The movie appears in the moviepart appears in the movie list. BUT, after deleting the movie and again trying to record a movie using my remote's recorder button (red dot) I got a green screen. The attachment (xml) contains the enigma2 error report in which I think the most sensefull part ist "AttributeError: HarddiskManager instance has no attribute 'inside_mountpoint'"

After that error occurs the disk seems to be currpted. The only steps which will at least get your hdd back to life are the following:
- turn off solo2, start solo2 (otherwise the disk fdisk will state that the disk is busy)
- connect to solo2 via ssh
- fdisk /dev/sda (or whatever your disk is)
- -> v (verify) you can see the output "Total allocated sectors [number]greater than the maximum [number]" which is hm... not good
- -> d (delete partition)
- -> n, 1, default, default (create new partition using whole disk)
- -> v (verify) you can see that the disc has now [number] unallocated sectors
- -> w (write changes)

After these steps you have to initialize the disk using BH. The same error occurs everytime you repeat this procedure (record using the record button, delete from list, record using the record button)

My Question now is, if I did something wrong or if the plugin does not work properly...?

Any help is very appreciated.

Thank you for the great forum!

Isn't your plugin too old? (2011)

I've just done some test. I'm not using permanenttimeshift plugin, no external player either. Started recording for 1 min, then watched that 1min of recording; deleted recorded file; then started recording again. No green screen.
I used BH media player and instant recording with standard settings.

Emre

Vu+ Newbie
Hello.

Is it so difficult to implement subtitle settings options into BlackHole image (as it's in OPEN PLi). Because there are lots of people who likes to watch movies with subtitles (especially from their PC through streaming) but it's really painful not being able to adjust subitlte color / font size / position etc... Actually since there is no spesific setting area in this image we can only see subtitles with White color and default size and default place on the screen.

Below you can see what I need :D As you can see subitltes are yellow, fonts are big enough to see far away and position is the best. I would appreciate If this seperate menu can be implemented in this great image.

FcTquZ8l.jpg

black jaguar

Vu+ Newbie
I do however have a different opinion,

If subtitle needs to go for the price of badly graphics as in PLI,
then it is better not to have this terrible yellow colors in subtitle .
For me it is more important overall graphics quality than this terrible yellow subtitles.

However, if the BH team can make something better without affecting the quality of image and graphics
then it's OK

Emre

Vu+ Newbie
I meant the same thing as you wish @black jaguar. I did not ask them to lose any graphics quality to get subtitles.

I asked them to implement only subtitle functionality additonally (if it's feasible).

black jaguar

Vu+ Newbie
I meant the same thing as you wish @black jaguar. I did not ask them to lose any graphics quality to get subtitles.

I asked them to implement only subtitle functionality additonally (if it's feasible).

Yes, but I have a feeling that this is Implemented
at the cost of quality graphics and fonts quality in panels and skins.
Compare carefully you'll see.

Problem with PLI is that something make,
and another thing breaks.

that's why I said

However, if the BH team can make something better without affecting the quality of image and graphics
then it's OK

Michael H.

Vu+ Newbie
Isn't your plugin too old? (2011)

I've just done some test. I'm not using permanenttimeshift plugin, no external player either. Started recording for 1 min, then watched that 1min of recording; deleted recorded file; then started recording again. No green screen.
I used BH media player and instant recording with standard settings.

I downloaded the plugin "permanenttimeshift" using the BH Addon Downloader right from the box. Wouldn't it be better to remove the plugin from the feed if it is too old?

Emre

Vu+ Newbie
Yes, but I have a feeling that this is Implemented
at the cost of quality graphics and fonts quality in panels and skins.
Compare carefully you'll see.

Problem with PLI is that something make,
and another thing breaks.

that's why I said

This subitle menu is not only implemented in OPEN PLi, there is also in VTI as well.

And you know VTI's graphics quality is not bad like PLi which means that BH developers can develop it If they want (hopefully).

VANT

Vu+ User
What drivers is in BH2.0.1 ?? I download drivers from 18.02.2013 but this driver have different size than drivers in BH2.0.1 ....

Johndoee

Vu+ Newbie
It is possible to use drivers from VU+ web archive for BH 2.0.1 OE 2 image? It any difference in drivers for new image? Procedure of installation same: replace old drives in /lib/modules/3.1.1/extra and reboot? Maybe its is some telnet command to see version of installed drivers in system?

It is possible to use drivers from VU+ web archive for BH 2.0.1 OE 2 image? It any difference in drivers for new image? Procedure of installation same: replace old drives in /lib/modules/3.1.1/extra and reboot? Maybe its is some telnet command to see version of installed drivers in system?
you can't check your drivers version ATM.
You can use old drivers but for what? Drivers released by vu+ (used in our boxes) are in development stage and every single new release should literally improve picture quality, transcoding, etc (as per release note).
If you have read BH 2.0.1 release note you have probably notice that image comes with new drivers...

I downloaded the plugin "permanenttimeshift" using the BH Addon Downloader right from the box. Wouldn't it be better to remove the plugin from the feed if it is too old?
there are actually two versions available from the feed - one is 1.0.0 and 2nd one has no release number however it's installing exactly the same as 1.0.0) is very old and there were newer releases since 2011 all around the web.