Black Hole Xbmc beta 02

Markiow

Vu+ Newbie
The youtube addon doesn't work for me whatever ive tried. Ive even downloaded the manual update and executed it and the same script error comes up. Doesn't do it my laptop or android devices. Not sure how to rectify this problem.

roddiss

BH Lover
I tried to mount my two partition usb stick, media/usb and media/cf. The box did not like it and spinner just keeps going. Works fine after removing the usb stick.

Gimitryci

Vu+ User
Hi. Thank you for your great work. I have been trying for few days diferent things with vu solo2 the beta 2 version and very impresed with app speed. Looks like once all sorted will be running smove. Anyway the you tube was not working so after online help and without need to reinstall the bh 2.1.4 beta2 again i did reset xmbc through fusion add on programs (plenty help online and not sure i can put links on here) and then installed the 5.0.3 plugin and the you tube works. Once again thanks vu team and keep up your great job.

Da_Matser

Vu+ Newbie
I cannot get past the Setup Wizard :( Have tried around five times but the system just hangs at various stages; e.g. tuner setup, scanning, etc :wallbash: The Wizard also stutters when loading the welcome screen.
It is a brand new Duo2 running CFE V2
Is it worth me trying again but skipping the Wizard?
I tried bypassing the optional part of the Wizard (tuner setup & scan) and got it working for a while. However, it frequently locked up and would ALWAYS hang during shutdown. I would have to hold down off button for 5-10secs to turn it off. Locked up during channel zapping too.
Animations looked good and XBMC did load but again locked up when closing. Have given up and gone back to the 2.1.4 stable version.
Looking forward to the next stable release; I'm having a rest from betas!

fairsats

Vu+ User
I tried bypassing the optional part of the Wizard (tuner setup & scan) and got it working for a while. However, it frequently locked up and would ALWAYS hang during shutdown. I would have to hold down off button for 5-10secs to turn it off. Locked up during channel zapping too.
Animations looked good and XBMC did load but again locked up when closing. Have given up and gone back to the 2.1.4 stable version.
Looking forward to the next stable release; I'm having a rest from betas!

Same here for me,was reflashing 2/3 times a day as when I had to close down with the power button it hung on restart.I have gone back to V 2.1.3 will now wait for a more stable version....

nightrider083

Vu+ Newbie
A PVR addon such as Tvheadend or Mythtv needs to be installed. I have had no luck installing either one of these, but I would expect them to be added later.

i have this issue how can fix it and its saying some thing about tuner ans external player is busy thats why i cant play live tv ...??? any one who can help me?

el bandido

Vu+ User
Live TV is not supported at this time because no PVR addons can be installed that I know of. Wait for an update or two. Maybe they will fix it.

kraig

Vu+ Newbie
Hello all,

Thanks to the team for the great work. I would like to know if it is possible for xmbc on my duo2 to access to a (synology) nas from a remote location ? This is what I'm actually doing with a raspberry pi and I would loke to do the same with the receiver.

Thank you!

KevinL

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, is there any chance to get Mashup working? The addon is patched and works for my Openelec machine:
Code:
http://adf.ly/uyqSn
I'm not able to install it on this image BH image because the structure isn't right so I unpacked it to /media/hdd/.xbmc/addons

I'm now able to start Mash Up, but super search doesn't work because of a fault in the script. Same goes for the other listings.
I hope to find someone that knows how great Mash Up is and can troubleshoot this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Harley

Vu+ Newbie
Would you please explain what is XBMC ?
Suggest you read a little on both Wikipedia as well as Kodi (former XBMC) website and wiki with FAQ and more!

Llinks here:

Code:
http://kodi.tv/about/
http://kodi.wiki/
http://kodi.wiki/view/FAQs
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kodi_(software)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_software_based_on_Kodi_and_XBMC

Kodi (formally known as XBMC) is an award-winning free and open source (GPL) software media player and entertainment hub that can be installed on Linux, OSX, Windows, iOS, and Android, featuring a 10-foot user interface for use with televisions and remote controls. It allows users to play and view most videos, music, podcasts, and other digital media files from local and network storage media and the internet. Our forums and Wiki are bursting with knowledge and help for the new user right up to the application developer. We also have helpful Facebook, Google+, Twitter and Youtube pages.

Disclaimer: Kodi does not provide any media itself. Users must provide their own content or manually point Kodi to third party online services.

Kodi is a popular multi-platform alternative to Windows Media Center for HTPC (Home Theater PC) use. XBMC is highly customizable: a variety of skins can change its appearance, and various plug-ins allow users to access online content on services such as YouTube, Spotify, Grooveshark and Pandora Radio. Versions from 12.0 (codename "Frodo") have a PVR (Personal Video Recorder) GUI frontend for live TV with Electronic Program Guide (EPG) and high-definition digital video recorder (DVR or PVR) support.
The software was originally produced as a media center application named Xbox Media Center for the original Xbox game console, and was later made available under the name XBMC as a native application for Android, Linux, BSD, Mac OS X, iOS, and Microsoft Windows operating systems.[16] It is also available as a standalone version referred to as XBMCbuntu.

Because of its open source and cross-platform nature, with its core code written in C++ (ANSI standard), modified versions of XBMC together with a JeOS have been used as a software appliance suite or software framework in a variety of devices including smart TVs, set-top boxes, digital signage, hotel television systems, and network connected media players. Derivative applications such as MediaPortal, Plex, ToFu, Voddler, and Horizon TV have all initially been spun off from XBMC.

Because of its royalty-free and cross-platform nature, with Kodi/XBMC's core code being written in C++ (ANSI standard),and it offering possibility for easy rebranding by ODM/OEM with customization of the interface look and feel using skins, and simple addons (plugins) from third-party developers available via Python scripts for content extensions, many systems integrators have created modified versions of Kodi together with a JeOS that are mostly used as a software appliance suite in a variety of devices including smart TVs, set-top boxes, digital signage, hotel television systems, and network connected media players.

Popular derivative applications and devices such as MediaPortal, Plex, OpenELEC, ToFu, Voddler, Boxee, Horizon TV, and PrismCube have all initially been spun off from the Kodi Entertainment Center (formerly XBMC Media Center) code base as their main software framework to create new digital ecosystems.
On 1 August 2014, it was announced that starting with version 14, XBMC will be officially renamed to Kodi.

Last edited by a moderator:

David Hornsby

Vu+ Newbie
update drivers
added many missed modules.

Many addons working now like:

Icefilm working
1Channel working
youtube working
Classic Cinema working
ecc...

Please test and report addons working / not working in xbmc section

Looks like a solid version of XBMC - thanks.

Unfortunately it wont play anything store on my NAS.
Hope this gets fixed.

bsod

Vu+ Newbie
Well I decided to give the beta2 a try. I, like some of the others who have posted in this thread, have had many random lockups. Basically the whole box becomes unresponsive to the remote (although the remote indicator on the front panel does light up when a remote key is pressed) and the front mounted power switch is also non responsive, so removing the power is the only way to get the unit working again. Most of the lockups seem to be around the tuners, and specifically the c/t tuner that came equipped with the unit. I say this because

- during service scanning, the unit would always lockup at the 24% mark when using the inbuilt t/c tuner. When I scanned using one of the HaugePage Nano USB tuner it completed fine, though it took a long time (8min) and it did appear to lockup once or twice, but recovered. But it did consistently work, unlike with the VU+ supplies c/t tuner.

- When configuring the tuners, it default to Cable for the VU+ c/t tuner and if tired to set it to T it would lockup. This would happen say 6 times out of 10. On some occasions after successfully changing it though, after a restart it would revert back to cable though.

- Changing services would often cause lockups.

At one point I decided to disable animations because some of the lockups occurred when an animation was taking place, so I would end up with the EPG only halfway across the screen. Disabling the animations didn't seem to make any difference to stability issues though.

Apart from the above, as long as I didn't touch any tuner related functions, it seemed quite good. WIFI configured fine, could stream YouTube videos ok, play files on my Win8.1 PC via shares,

Anyway, just thought I would post my experiences with it. Happy to reflash to it and do some tests for the devs if they want me to, but in the meantime I am going to give the 4.1.2 stable firmware a shot. I do quite like some of the changes the devs have put into BH since the last time I tried it (8+ months ago) and may well ditch OpenATV for this build now.

Kind regards,

Craig