HowTo flash/update Vu+ images

Mick12334

Are all the USB sticks from the same manufacturer?
If so can you try a different brand, even if you have to borrow one?
Have you formatted the USB sticks to FAT 32?

fallen

Vu+ Newbie
Samsung 32 gb, Verbatim 32gb, Scandisc 2gb. FAT 32, but later i tried NTSF and exFAT32 too, whatever. I'm very sorry because I like the device.
I see that there's a lot of possibilities, i bought on Amazon, but it might be faulty?

Mick12334

TPlease tey formatting all of them in FAT 32, then see if your receiver recognizes them.
Do you have any image loaded on your VU+ Ultimo?
Are you sure that your receiver is genuine?

fallen

Vu+ Newbie
I did, but no results. My image name: Experimental 12-27-2011, very old.
I don'now. The seller Amazon EU S.a.r.L. and i have additional component. Otherwise the device working, my problem only, i can't upgrade, i can't make record, i can't use mediaplayer, time-shift.

Last edited:

a911

The BH Lover
I did, but no results. My image name: Experimental 12-27-2011, very old.
I don'now. The seller Amazon EU S.a.r.L. and i have additional component. Otherwise the device working, my problem only, i can't upgrade, i can't make record, i can't use mediaplayer, time-shift.

Fallen, take us thru the upgrade process U try doing!

fallen

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks, but how? Can you tell me a little more specifically? Exactly this is my problem. My device can't see the USB Stick, no wifi, no HDD.

Mick12334

Do you have a HDD fitted? Did you do it yourself or was it supplied with a HDD and image?
I assume your PC is recognizing the USB sticks, as you have formatted them.
Have you downloaded the latest Black Hole image, for the VU+ Ultimo?
Are you using the USB port on the front of the VU+ Ultimo, behind the pull down flap?
Are you switching the receiver off, at the rear?
Do you get the "update file exist press the - button."?

fallen

Vu+ Newbie
No, i haven't HDD.
I did already, formatted, several USB stick, no results.
Yes, i have Black Hole image.
I used all three USB ports.
Yes, i switching the receiver off, at the rear.
Do you get the "update file exist press the - button. - NO! Because my problem, the device can't see the USB stick, and not doing upgrade.
Sorry, but i'm not totally beginner, but this machine is new to me. Many times I've updated a lot of other devices.
My problem, the device can't see the USB stick, and not doing upgrade. Or, sometimes can see 5/30 times, not doing anything, not be prompted to update.

Last edited:

Mick12334

Can you please check your Black Hole image file, you should have a vuplus folder, then inside should be a folder labelled ultimo.
You can download the file from this forum:
Code:
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/black-hole-vu-ultimo-2-1-0-1.18076/

If you have the irght file then please try downloading it again, in case it's faulty. If the problem is with the USB sticks, all 3 of them, then you will need to try another one, borrow one, if possible, just to test it.
You load the file using the front USB port, on your receiver, according to instructions I've read.

If it still doesn't work please try aa different image, just to see if the USB stick is then recognized.

fallen

Vu+ Newbie
I tried 2 different images, 3 different USB sticks, all thre ports. Please, beleive me, i tried everything. I'm very grateful, but i tried everything, what you says for me.

Mick12334

Have you tried a different image, like VTI, OpenPli, VIX, or just a different version of Black Hole?
Are you sure your USB stick is formatted to FAT 32, no other format?
Can you borrow someone elses USB stick, to try?
Have you checked that your receiver is genuine, and not a clone?

fallen

Vu+ Newbie
I tried vuplus-image-vuultimo-20140615161820_usb, and BlackHole-2.1.0-vuultimo_usb. Yes, USB formatted FAT 32, i tried 3 USB stick. I don't check, i don't now how can i ? I bought on Amazon, i think this is genuine.

fallen

Vu+ Newbie
thanks a lot for everyone. The solutions was very simple. Earlier i did the extracting in Total Commander. Now i tried the extracting windows default extractor. And working. The device can see the USB and can upgrade. I don't understand why, what is different, but working. I knew it to upgrade. Now will come the real problems:)

Icemen

Vu+ Newbie
Hi I am I newbie and have solo2 box with 2.09 image. Can someone help me backup my channels and ***** etc before I load the new image so I don't lose anything. What to do after new image loaded to get everything back. I have never done this b4 so all help appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:

Icemen

Vu+ Newbie
my bad sorry
still need help with backing up all my stuff so i dont lose it and help with putting new image plz

Mick12334

Do you have an internal Hard Drive?
Try going into the menu, Setup, Software Management and select Backup System Settings.
If you don't have a hard drive you can use a USB memory stick, properly formatted, and mapped.