Duo2 LCD4Linux lcd display layouts

Contact99

Vu+ User
My Duo2 LCD is now exactly what I want and it looks good during operation but what I would like to know is when I put the box on Standby my LCD has a black background with the time in large numbers down the bottom (similar to whats on the VFD screen except it hasn't got the seconds) What can I do for the LCD Screen when its on standby to smart it up a little. 1/ Can the background color be changed from black? 2/ can other data be added with the time. 3/ can anything else be added with the time and if so can a member please guide me on how to do it via LCD4Linux.

(PS using BH 2.1.0)

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Use the mode IDLE in the LCD4linux settings to configure the LCD appearance when the box is in standby.

ehsan0111

Vu+ Newbie
hi my freinds im bought dou2 but video on lcd of dou2 freez and not show prefectly please help me thanks
my image is black hole v 2.2.1.1

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
video on lcd of dou2 freez and not show prefectly
There is nothing you can do, it's so for everybody, it's not a problem of your box, the LCD was not designed to be a television screen, I can suggest you not to activate this completely unuseful functionality that uses a lot of box's resources...

medamine60

Vu+ User
Hi all,
Can someone help me to have such simple display as in the officail Vu+ web site (picons & weather)?
Many many thanks in advance
Amine
3.png

Alfred42

Vu+ Newbie
I thought as setting up the LCD display on the Duo2 is much easier than it was for the Ultimo, that members could post up there layouts for others to use.

The best ones will be added to the BH addon server (if you would rather they are not added to the server, then just make it clear in your post and we won't add it).

Please post a screenshot to show how it looks.

The file you need to upload can be found in /etc/enigma2

Here is mine to kick things off with:

View attachment 12568

To get the background to work, just add the included folder to /media/usb
Very nice!!!

Alfred42

Vu+ Newbie
One question: Is it possible to get the same information on the LCD and an external bigger display? Connected via USB?

medamine60

Vu+ User
Why not try your pc/tablet/phone browser instead, and then perhaps buy a cheap tablet permanent ??
Hi,
Do you think that this is possible with such photo payer?
Code:
http://www.agfaphoto.com/appc/content_manager/page.php?ID=195894&dbc=028fe893da68da0c8433cdd5bf505b7
Many thanks in advance
Amine

Last edited by a moderator:

tarkuk

Vu+ Newbie
Hi all

I am having issues getting the picons to work, I have installed the picons to /media/hdd/picon I have also changed the path in LCD4Linux and rebooted the box however it is not working. it dosent show the picon just the name of the channel, tried various lcd configs here but none make a difference. anyone have any ideas. Thanks

rhurbarb

Vu+ Newbie
Hi excuse me for my ignorance but i cant get the picons up from google on my lcd screen.i have the weather thats it.i have a working older one but when i loaded the config file it would load up the music symbol but no google picon .any advice ? thanks

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
Hi all

I am having issues getting the picons to work, I have installed the picons to /media/hdd/picon I have also changed the path in LCD4Linux and rebooted the box however it is not working. it dosent show the picon just the name of the channel, tried various lcd configs here but none make a difference. anyone have any ideas. Thanks

Check the lcd config file and check the picons location and picon file size and file type. Is there any single picon show up?