Solo2 Transcoding still poor quality

x-xxxA

Vu+ User
After installed new drivers you have to update the transcoding plugin
1) unzip the file and substitute to the original in the folder /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/TransCodingSetup
2) restart e2

I have Solo2 on BH 2.0.5 B. Have installed new drivers and substituted plugin.py in TransCoding Setup but still in the Transcoding Setup I only have Transcoding enable and Port 8002, and nothing else. There is no Bitrate or Framerate as in picture of Post #74. More help appreciated.

cyborgpunte

Vu+ User
weird, before drivers a week ago or so I did som testing editing and deleting py/pyo of those digits
then yesterday I installed drivers to my Solo2/205B, rebooted, everything works.

cyborgpunte

Vu+ User
I don't have skills for this :-(

Please can someone explain why py/pyo don't changes when I change bitrate (at least when it comes to timestamps) ??
Most properbly because of -"Change is in effect in the subsequent connection"

But how is it working then, don't understand help me out, if it's possible :)

TIA

cyborgpunte

Vu+ User
Sorry one more question:

With my PAL/50Hz system, with this brand new py, when to use 25 and when 50fps

on what broadcasts standard SD, HD720p HD1080i ???

atm I'm just guessing.....and doing trial and error....

Shiro

BH-C
New plugin version with framerate setting

Remember that this plugin works only with upgraded drivers.
1) unzip the file and substitute to the original in the folder /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/TransCodingSetup
2) restart e2

Attachments

• plugin.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 167

PoseiDon25

Vu+ Newbie
Download vuplus-dvb-modules-vusolo2-3.3.8-4.4.3-20130819.tar.gz and replace the files from: /lib/modules/3.3.8-2.0/extra folder of your solo2, with the files from the zip via ftp client. Then restart box and check after the Transcode Plugin! ;)

Also wish to add a value for the resolution, in a future update...

Sorry if it's bit of stupid question. I downloaded this driver but when it automatically saves as "vuplus-dvd-modules-vusolo2 -3.3.8-4.3-20130 ex819.tat.tar" I can't seems to unzip it any more. if I right click on the file there is no option to unzip it. Do I just send this file as it is to extra folder of my solo2 with BH 2.0.5B. It confuses me more as there is no other driver with similar name in extra folder so it wont write over the existing driver. Could one of you experts please point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

x-xxxA

Vu+ User
When you right click and ask you to decopress it to a temporary folder and open it, click yes. Then unzip it. There will be 4 files: brcmflb.ko, bvb-bcm7356.ko, fpga_directc.ko, procmk.ko. Overwrite these 4 files on the 4 files that you find with the same name in /usr/lib/enimgm2/python/Plugins/System Plugins/TranscodingSetup. Then restart.

PoseiDon25

Vu+ Newbie
x-xxxA, .T hanks you buddy, I have now managed to extract the files now. I had to extract the files twice to get the four files. I will update the drivers in few minutes.

cyborgpunte

Vu+ User
@x-xxxA
I think you are mixing up the folder names.

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/TransCodingSetup is for the new py with fps setup,
BTW wrong spelled too

the 4 driverfiles should be in /lib/modules/3.3.8-2.0/extra

x-xxxA

Vu+ User
@x-xxxA
I think you are mixing up the folder names.

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/TransCodingSetup is for the new py with fps setup,
BTW wrong spelled too

the 4 driverfiles should be in /lib/modules/3.3.8-2.0/extra

You're totally correct. I should have re read my post before posting it.

caccam

Vu+ Newbie
Hi to all, i have updated drivers and plugin and now i have the transcoding options for bitrate. I would like to know the max which is 1000000 means 1Mbit correct? so it's the best option for my 5 mbit vdsl upload speed right?
Please correct me if i'm wrong, because i have read in a previous post of a up to 5Mbit bitrate option, but i can't go over 1000000 at the bitrate option.

Thank you

shkrapas

Vu+ Newbie
What bitrate do you have in streaming SD channel then ?
hello,
i ve managed to update drivers and plugin
now my question is which settings in transcoding plugin are the best for streaming with potplayer?
my picture result in potplayer is the same with the updated plugin-drivers.
i have 700~800 kbps upload from my isp.
thank you

cyborgpunte

Vu+ User
dear friend,
I think, I have been missundetstod in the quote, most probably caused by my shortcoming in writing distinctly.
But please do a little trial and error.
your upload speed is kinda my download to my cellphone when it is weak. So I guess that your value should be close to default

Max

BH Lover
New plugin version with framerate setting

Remember that this plugin works only with upgraded drivers.
2) restart e2

Thanks for the 25/50 fps support !!!

Max

BH Lover
Just tested new drivers and plugin, absolutely NO GO go here.
Replaced the 4 files, restored permissions to 644, reboot box, replaced the plugin with permission 644, removed pyo file, reboot enigma 2.
Starting config with 1000000 and 25000.
Very very jerky video, completely out of sync between audio and video on both SD and HD TV channels (about 6 seconds) and doesn't matter what is the bitrate setting or framerate, tested from 1000000 down to 0450000, 25 and 30 fps.
Now it's complelety useless.
Moved back to old driver and plugin. Video still remain in sync with audio, with the well known low quality.
Really disappointed....

Petran

Vu+ Newbie
The framerate should be 25fps for European broadcasts but still not working properly. If you put framerate at 25fps, the output stream is 29,97fps...