Solo2 Transcoding still poor quality

cyborgpunte

Vu+ User
New drivers, are there any improvements ?
I haven't discovered it yet, at least.

-"20130916 - Fix vtuner problem(duo2, solo2)"

shkrapas

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks VANT, I tested my problem playing transcoded streams using dreamdroid on port 8002.
Same result as for Vu+ Player.
The stream starts, but turning back to channlel list both STREAM/REC icons on Solo2 still remain active,
locking the streaming section of the STB.
This happens to me only with 20130904 dvb drivers and using mobile apps. No problems playing/changing streams (trancoded or not) using VLC. on PC using WebGui.

Can you please check it on your side with dreamdroid ?

Thanks
Hey Max,
I had same issue with MX player on dreamdroid so I had to choose reboot from menu in order to "clear" the receiver.
Tested and solved with choosing bs player for streaming the channels

VANT

Vu+ User
@Max
i use pure BH image, nothing more, so i think that You have problerm with smartphone confiiguration. Try instal vlc on your phone and test.

Max

BH Lover
@shkrapas
Tested both with my and Tilleke box with same result. MX Pro keep alive its connection to the box, locking the transcode section. Both using dreamdroid and Vu+Player.

@VANT
VLC on Android seems working, but I have an error window everytime I close the stream. See my post on page 7, but doesn't lock the transcoder.
I already done a reset to default on my Samsung GS2.

I just updated to latest 16092013 drivers... tests continues...

Hasafly

Vu+ Newbie
@shkrapas
Tested both with my and Tilleke box with same result. MX Pro keep alive its connection to the box, locking the transcode section. Both using dreamdroid and Vu+Player.

@VANT
VLC on Android seems working, but I have an error window everytime I close the stream. See my post on page 7, but doesn't lock the transcoder.
I already done a reset to default on my Samsung GS2.

I just updated to latest 16092013 drivers... tests continues...
Hi,

i tested streaming (transcoded) to my VPlayer in Android 4.3 and works.

But does not work as i wish......

There's allways a delay between picture and sound.......dont know why...

i have an internet with 700Kbps of upload, and put in trascoding settings a bitrate of 500Kbps (500000).

So, what i'm doing wrong?

Hasafly

Vu+ Newbie
Yessssss....it works fine now. Must put it with 60 fps. Now picture and sound are matching in perfection. Thank you!!

Hasafly

Vu+ Newbie
When transcoding, rec and timer icons are displayed in VFD.

Any way to hide them?

Im using latest oficial image.

Thanks

mrkrabs

Vu+ Newbie
Why is everyone so caught up in the 25fps issue? Just set your Vu+ box to 30fps as the phone or tablet you are outputting to will convery it to 60fps anyway (all phones/tablets run at 60Hz). Therefore, if the transcode doesn't have 30 frames then the phone/tablet will add 5 fps anyway in order to run. This is most likely why some folk are having issues with out of sync sound. Am I missing something here?

daviddrf

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you for this post, this has been very useful for my. One stupid question: is it possible to change the port in the transcoding plugin for another different than the 8001 or 8002 (for example, 60206 or another one)? Thank you and see you soon.

Max

BH Lover
is it possible to change the port in the transcoding plugin for another different than the 8001 or 8002 (for example, 60206 or another one)? Thank you and see you soon.

You can easily do a port forward in your router, so incoming calls from WAN on port 60206 will be redirected to port 8001 or 8002 of your VU.

cyborgpunte

Vu+ User
perhaps it works to change port's in plugin.py,
some discussions in this thread erlier about change value of another variable.

boyofford

Vu+ User
What settings are people using for best results? I've set bit rate to 1000000 ( sorry to be dumb, but is this the mb? so equals 1mb?) and frame rate is 30000.
My initial testing over lan using vuplus app on android has audio going out of sync straight away!
I've read similar in these threads but don't get what I should set mine at.
I've got a solo2 with bh 2.06c.

cyborgpunte

Vu+ User
I bought a cheap 7" android for lcd4linux
Tried both VLC and vuplus app on that too,
must say Oplayer on my Ithings works better.
When it comes to PQ, lipsync and freezing.
(also better on the three year old Ipad1 then the new cheap android)

hristogo

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,
It is a very nice forum and have understood a lot for the Vu+ Duo2.

I am interested in the transcoding capabilities of VU+ Duo2.

1. Can it make transcoding in h.263 format?
2. What transcoding formats does it support?
3, What bitrates does it support?
4. Can it transcode full hd in full hd and what is the uploading speed you need? Can i watch it with 4g smartphone? (50mbit)

Thanks in advance, i will really appreciate opinions from people who posses the VU+ Duo2.

Max

BH Lover
Why is everyone so caught up in the 25fps issue? Just set your Vu+ box to 30fps as the phone or tablet you are outputting to will convery it to 60fps anyway (all phones/tablets run at 60Hz). Therefore, if the transcode doesn't have 30 frames then the phone/tablet will add 5 fps anyway in order to run. This is most likely why some folk are having issues with out of sync sound. Am I missing something here?

Don't confuse contents created by phone (games, animations etc etc) with video contents received by the smartphone from your box.
The first kind can be created at 60fps, video contents (here in EU) are transmitted with 25fps, and a framerate conversion, 25 to 30fps done by the chip inside Vu+ it will be wrong, so we see a little "jump" in video image every second. Realtime framerate conversion is a very hard and complicated issue, even for higher power cpus.

cyborgpunte

Vu+ User
my bold, colour and underlining :

- Support DVB T2 Tuner(uno, ultimo, duo2)
- Support TS file transcoding(solo2, duo2 : needs an image update)
- Fix delivery system bug in vtuner
- Fix DDP passthrough(solo2, duo2)